|“|| Catherine: Too many alliances make a king look weak.
Henry: Then why did we sell our daughter to Spain?
Elisabeth, Queen of Spain also known as Elisabeth of Valois or Elisabeth of France (French: Élisabeth) (Spanish: Isabel) is a guest character on Reign. Elisabeth of Valois is the daughter of King Henry and Queen Catherine, the younger sister of Francis, and the older sister of Claude, Margaret, Charles, Henry III, Henrietta and Emone. She is the Queen Consort of Spain and the wife of King Philip II.
She is potrayed by Caoimhe O'Malley.
In the Pilot, she is first seen getting her wedding dress on with the help of servants. Elisabeth is marrying Phillp II of Spain and later on marries him. They share a dance. After the wedding, she and Phillip make love. She then moves away from France to Spain.
Elisabeth hasn't spoken a word on the show. But, when she is about to make love to Philip II, she seems nervous when people are watching her, but Philip reassures her.
Elisabeth is a young beautiful brunette with brown eyes.
|Snakes in the Garden||Absent|
|Hearts and Minds||Absent|
|A Chill in the Air||Absent|
|For King and Country||Absent|
|Long Live The King||Absent|
|Slaughter of Innocence||Absent|
|Drawn and Quartered||Absent|
|The Lamb & The Slaughter||Mentioned|
|Blood for Blood||Absent|
|The Prince of the Blood||Absent|
|Terror of the Faithful||Absent|
|Acts of War||Absent|
- Her full name is Elisabeth of Valois, also known as Elisabeth, Queen consort of Spain.
- She is actually Philip II of Spain 3rd wife, as his first 2 died natural deaths. She was 14 and he was 35, they are both said to have been in a very happy marriage and it is noted through history how Phillip would dote on her.
- Her wedding dress was recycled from the Showtime series The Tudors. The dress was worn by Jane Seymour, Henry VIII's third wife.
- She was firstly supposed to marry Philip's son, Carlos.
- She has not been seen since the Pilot.
- Historically, she had 3 half-siblings from her father's mistresses, and 6 more siblings from her parents marriage.
- She was mentioned in The Lamb and the Slaughter as a potential godmother to her nephew Jean-Philippe
- Recently she was mentioned in Intruders, when Catherine asks Claude to take her brothers and sisters and go to Spain with their older sister if something happens to her.
- She had five daughters with Philip II but only two survived infancy, miscarried twin daughters, Isabella Clara Eugenia of Spain, Catherine Michelle of Spain and miscarried or stillborn daughter.
- She died when she was 23 years of age.
- Her younger brother Charles IX also died at age 23.
- Elisabeth's wedding is moved up by 2 years. In the show, she marries in 1557, to Philip II of Spain, but historically she marries him in 1559. (In 1557, Philip was still married to Mary Tudor.)