|“||I'm thinking of you. Of carrying on your legacy.||”|
Lord Darnley, Henry Stuart, is one of the main characters and main antagonist in the final season. A nobleman with a blood-claim to the English throne. He became Mary’s second husband, a union which could take down Elizabeth, giving the couple not just one nation, but two. DOB: 7th December 1545.
His ancestors were originally Scottish but betrayed the Scottish crown for the English. He has a blood claim to the English throne
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Lord Darnley makes his first appearance in With Friends Like These.
Much like the late, great Francis, Darnley has a “wildly ambitious mother whose love hinges entirely on his ability to secure a crown,” though his own ambition should not be underestimated.
Darnley´s mothers ambition passed on to him through the series as he repeatedly asked Mary for the crown matrimonial. After being denied his request he took it upon himself to ensure his rule after his wife died. As the couple was planning to make a move on England Darnley had another plan to get Mary to sign the contract. Darnley threated the Queen of Scotland but with the time Darnley gave her to make a choice she foiled his plan.
His major importance was to Lady Kira White whom he had a short sexual relationship with but it is now to gainging power and making sure he does not loose it once Mary.
Darnley has brown hair
Mary Stuart They married for political power since Darnley have relative bloodline to both of England and Scottish throne, which pose a threat to Elizabeth. Darnley and Mary loved each other for the time when Kira was away and married. But after Kira came back, he had an affair with her and Mary said she will presume with the marriage, but Darnley will be her husband in name only.
|Three Queens, Two Tigers||Absent|
|In a Clearing||Absent|
|Fight or Flight||Absent|
|The Hound and the Hare||Absent|
|Bruises That Lie||Absent|
|No Way Out||Absent|
|To The Death||Absent|
|Spiders in a Jar||Absent|
|With Friends Like These||Appears|
|A Grain of Deception||Appears|
|Leaps of Faith||Appears|
|Playing with Fire||Appears|
|Love & Death||Appears|
|A Better Man||Appears|
|Dead of Night||Appears|
|Coup de Grace||Appears|
|A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Appears|
|Blood in the Water||Appears|
|All It Cost Her||Appears|
- He will be one of Mary's new love interests in Season Four.
- He is Mary's half-cousin, as they share a grandmother, Margaret Tudor. Margaret married in 1503 to James IV, and their son was Mary's father. Margaret married for the second time to Archibald Douglas, and their daughter was Darnley's mother.
- He was named Henry by his mother, who named him after her uncle, Henry VIII.
- His mother, Margaret Douglas, was once chosen by Mary I to be her successor instead of Elizabeth I or Mary.
- His full name is Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley.
- His claim to the English throne is through his mother and his claim to the Scottish throne is through his father, Matthew Stuart.