Throughout the SeriesEdit
Much like the late, great Francis, Darnley has a “wildly ambitious mother whose love hinges entirely on his ability to secure a crown,” though his own ambition should not be underestimated.”
- He will be one of Mary's new love interests in Season Four.
- He is Mary's half-cousin, as they share a grandmother, Margaret Tudor. Margaret married in 1503 to James IV, and their son was Mary's father. Margaret married for the second time to Archibald Douglas, and their daughter was Darnley's mother.
- He was named Henry by his mother, who named him after her uncle, Henry VIII.
- His mother, Margaret Douglas, was once chosen by Mary I to be her successor instead of Elizabeth I or Mary.
- His full name is Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley.
- His claim to the English throne is through his mother and his claim to the Scottish throne is through his father, Matthew Stuart.