|“||You were sent from hell. You're the devil!||”|
Nostradamus is a seer possesing the power of clairvoyance, the ability to foresee the future. At the beginning of the series, Nostradamus had a vision of Mary Stuart causing the death of his good friend's son, Prince Francis. He has a sense of loyalty toward Queen Catherine and has supported her through the hard times. He also predicted that Aylee will never go home which was revealed by her death, Tomàs would be killed by Francis and Sebastian, Greer would fall in love with a man with a white mark on his cheek who turned out to be Leith and Lola would fall for a dark haired man whom turned out to be Lord Julien in Liege Lord. Nostradamus returned in the Season Two Finale and it was revealed that he had been secretly helping Francis who unbeknownst to anyone else is dying from illness.
He is portrayed by Canadian actor Rossif Sutherland.
Had a wife and two children who died from the Plague. Nostradamus who was immune to the plague so he had to watch them die. He has become a healer ever since he couldn't heal his family.
He's quite cunning without being malicious. He is very well trusted by Queen Catherine, proving his cleverness. Throughout the show he proves himself to be selfless. Going out to save Francis, helping Sebastian find the darkness, and trying to help Catherine as her execution approaches all prove this. He has helped many recover from wounds and illnesses, always kind and thoughtful. He wants the best for everyone, sometimes putting himself in danger.
Nostradamus has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He had a beard in season 1, but shaved it for season 2. He's also seen to be very tall, standing at 6'5".
Catherine de' Medici: Nostradamus was the court seer, and advisor to Queen Catherine. The Queen relied heavily on his visions during the first season when he predicted that Mary's presence would cost Catherine her son Francis, and this information fueled the Queen's actions to protect her son. However this friendship came to a head in "The Consummation" when Nostradamus confessed to the Queen that his visions had changed and that Mary would not cost Francis his life after all, as a result the Queen became furious, and currently she no longer relies so heavily on his visions. (See Catherine and Nostradamus) Clarissa: TBA (See Nostradamus and Clarissa) Bash: TBA
|Snakes in the Garden||Appears|
|Hearts and Minds||Appears|
|A Chill in the Air||Appears|
|For King and Country||Appears|
|Long Live The King||Appears|
|Slaughter of Innocence||Appears|
|Drawn and Quartered||Appears|
|The Lamb & The Slaughter||Absent|
|Blood for Blood||Absent|
|The Prince of the Blood||Absent|
|Terror of the Faithful||Absent|
|Acts of War||Absent|
- Bash reveals to Mary that Nostradamus' visions are often true.
- Historically Nostradamus is believed to have predicted the death of Henry II; however it qualifies as a postdiction or vaticinium ex eventu since this came 55 years after Henry's death, and 48 years after Nostradamus' death.
- Nostradmus' visions are also subject to interpretation.
- He is the first known character to have seen Clarissa's face. It is implied that he had known about her existence and he had known her for a long time. Their first seen interaction is in Snakes in the Garden.
- His visions can change but not always.
- In The Plague, Nostradamus said that he is somehow immune to the plague; though he lost his entire family.
- Often seen in the Blood Wood.
- He is first seen in a relationship in The Consummation.
- He has a deceased wife and deceased children (they are all unknown).
- He shared a kiss with Olivia in the episode Monsters.
- He believes himself immune to the Black Death.
- He recently returned in Burn, after not being seen since Drawn and Quartered.
- Nostradamus returned in Season Three, in In a Clearing with a vision about the death of Francis...which came true.
Nostradamus has a photo gallery.