Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Scotland is a country that makes up part of the island of Great Britain, and part of the United Kingdom. In the show this is Mary's kingdom where she is the Queen although she currently resides there with Sebastian.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, and in the north covers 1/3 of the island of Great Britain. Edinburgh is the country's capital, and second largest city. During the 18th century Edinburgh was the hub of Scottish Enlightenment which turned Scotland into a commercial, intellectual, and industrial European powerhouse. Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and was one of the leading industrial cities in the world.
The Kingdom of Scotland Edit
The kingdom of Scotland first came about as an independent sovereign state early during the Middle Ages, and remained as such until 1707. In 1603 by inheritance King James VI of Scotland also became king of Ireland, and England which was known as the Union of the Crowns. This union came about after the death of Queen Elizabeth I of England, and James VI was the only surviving child of Mary, Queen of Scotland. On May 1, 1707 Scotland entered into a political union with England to create the new Kingdom of Great Britain, this also led to a new parliament of Great Britain which succeeded the parliaments of England and Scotland. On January 1, 1801 Great Britain entered into a political union which created the Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and this remained in place until 1922.
- They're in war with England.
- According to Liam "cold and harsh some may call her but with beauty that can pierce your heart" when he was talking to Catherine de Medici about Scotland
- While Scotland is Mary's country she does not own all of Scotland as Aylee's family owns the lower half where the English attack
- Charlotte left for Scotland because she told Mary about the secret clause in her marriage contract, and also because she refused to obey Catherine's orders that she seduce a mad King Henry to get him away from Penelope.
- While Scotland plays a main part of Reigns' storyline it has never been shown in Reign.
- Mary is trying to figure out how to get to Scotland to unify it.